TEACHING INTERNSHIPS IN BARCELONA, MADRID and SEVILLE
SCHOOLS IN SPAIN: Private, bilingual schools. Some of them with students in early-childhood and primary education; others are K-12 schools.
LANGUAGE NEEDED: Since the schools where the student-teachers will do their internships are bilingual, there is no need to know Spanish, even though it is better if participants have some knowledge of it.
- Colleges of Education, or other universities, where an international training experience for their students is desirable or needed. We would work with these universities organizing pre-departure support as needed and onsite logistics.
- Individual student-teachers who would like to have an international experience in order to gain invaluable knowledge and recognition. We would work with them individually.
- Winter-Spring: Anytime from mid-late January to mid-June
- Fall: Anytime from mid-late September to mid-December
- Summer: TBC
LENGTH OF PROGRAM: From 1 month to 89 days.
- Pre-departure support as needed, in terms of providing all requested information and visiting universities to provide details on the program
- Airport pick up and transfer to Housing
- Comprehensive orientation
- Internship placement
- Local school orientation
- Internship follow-up
- 24/7 onsite support
- Transfer to the airport on the departure date (only for groups, 10+ students, coming from a US university)
- Home (origin) institutions in the US could provide credits to their students.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF STUDENT-TEACHERS:
- Work full-time Monday through Friday
- Mandatory assignment to a tutor who will guide them, supervise their work and provide a final report at the end of the program
- Prepare materials, tasks, and classes supporting their tutors
- Give classes when needed
- Organize conversation groups
- Correct homework and exams
- Provide personal insight about American teaching methodologies, the educational system, and culture in general
- Support their tutors as needed in other tasks
- Awareness of new teaching methodologies in an international/bilingual school
- Development of a personal and professional relationship with an international school
- Learning discipline principles and ways of communication between teachers and students in a foreign country
- Development of abilities to adapt to a new environment in an international school
- Improved classroom management skills
- Gaining a global understanding of international teaching and education
- Ability to empathize with non-English speaking students in the classroom
Copyright © 2017. ALA Active Learning Abroad. All rights reserved. Legal Note and Privacy . Contact us